Tour Duration: 7 nights & 8 days
Season: January – December
Tour can be customized
Why you choose this package!
Blue Nile falls
Haile Selassie’s palace
Day 1,Arrive in Addis Ababa
Arrive Addis Ababa, meet and greet, check into your hotel O/N Available
Day 2,Fly to Bahrdar
Fly to Bahrdar, situated on the shore of Lake Tana in northwestern Ethiopia. Bahar Dar is a small town set on the southeastern shore of Lake Tana (Ethiopia’s largest lake) where local fishermen still use papyrus boats and just 30Km (19Miles) from the spectacular Tiss Issat Falls.
P.M. Drive to the Blue Nile falls (Tis Issat), about 45 minutes by road from Bahir dar followed by a 30 minute; walk from the road to the falls. Here, the Blue Nile starts its journey to the Mediterranean. These amazing waterfalls are 400 meters wide and more than 45 meters in height.
Day 3,At Bahirdar
A.M. Boat trip on Lake Tana will take you to the great water system that gives the Blue Nile its tremendous power. This boat trip also provides the opportunity to view magnificently preserved island monasteries of the thirteenth century including the visit of ancient church and treasury of Ura Kidane Mehret at Zeghie Peninsula and Azua Mariam
P.M. Drive to Gonder, which was a capital city in the 16th century
Day 4,Full day tour of Gonder
Full day tour of Gonder; visit the castles compound, Ruin palaces, Bath of King Fasiledes (1632-1667 G.C) and visit Debre Berhan Sellasie Church famous for its wall & ceiling paints of 18th Century
Day 05,Fly to Axum
Fly to Axum. Axum was the kingdom that dominated Africa and Asia for a thousand years.
- A.M. St. Mary of Zion church which the Ark of the Covenant resides it brought by King Solomon and Queen of Sheba's son "Menelik" almost 3000 years ago.
- P.M. Tour includes visit to the museum, Obelisks and Stele, the Castle Ruins of King Kaleb and Queen of Sheba's Bath and Palace
Day 06,Fly to Lalibella
- P.M. visit the first part of the eleven monolithic & semi monolithic of the 12th century Churches that are classified in to two cluster (eastern & Western).
Day 07,At Lalibella
- A.M. Visit the second cluster of the churches
- P.M. excursion to Yemerhane Kirstos, remarkably beautiful structure built (not excavated) in typical Axumite style with in a cave
Day 08,Fly back to Addis
City tour of Addis Ababa :
Addis Ababa means “new flower” and is Ethiopia’s largest city. Sitting at an elevation ranging from 7,000 to 8,300 feet, it is a unique mixture of new, tall buildings mingled with traditional houses
- Visit Ba'ata church (Menelik’s Mausoleum), one of the oldest of the churches in Addis. See its beautiful paintings and the royal tombs of past Emperors.
- Visit Haile Selassie’s former palace which is the now home of the Ethnological Museum. Exhibits here represent the best of the arts and crafts of the country and give an in-depth insight into the various peoples of Ethiopia
- Visit to the National Museum, known to be the best museum in Africa, where cultural and archaeological relics, including a plaster cast of "Lucy," the 3.2 million-year-old Hominid, are displayed.
- At the end of the day you will see the Mercato, eastern Africa’s largest market.
- Panoramic view of Entoto.
- Transfer out for international flight,
Highly Qualified Drivers and Guides
We have highly skilled and efficient drivers and guides with us, to make your vacations comfortable and memorable. Our drivers have knowledge in travel field and know about vehicle maintenance too. Our guides are multilingual, well-trained in wildlife identification, flora and fauna as well as the region's history and the way of life of the local people. They also guide you for the best site for camping and photographing site and they have been often praised for their impeccable behavior and neatness.
Destination Ethiopia : HorizonTours
Blue Nile Falls - Beauty of Ethiopia
Welcome To Ethiopia
Ethiopia Vacation Travel Video Guide
Duration : 8 Days, 7 Nights
Person : 15 Persons
Availability : 50
Price : $
Location : Bahirdar-Lalibela-Axum-Gondar
We offer our clients customized domestic and international tour packages that are designed according to the requirement and budget of the traveler.